Every day folks come in to shop at their Florida Home Depot Garden Centers and see beautiful flowers and wish they had some one to tell them how to get started. Many people would spend more time in their garden if they had a sense of what works where and why. The plant tags in the containers help but getting it right takes some trial and error. Gardeners of all levels use our Plant Database for details of where to place plants and how big they grow. When you see a neighbors garden flourishing you realize that that gardener has some real insight on how to select and cultivate plants. We call it Right Plant – Right Place to keep it simple as you learn how to select what will thrive and beautify your garden or patio. If you don’t have time you may want to hire a Garden Designer to come in and draw a plan. purchase, plant and guarantee large and small plants. If you do have time and you want to get good advice and buy a few plants at a time, check out this link to a Florida Garden Coach. As I said, every day gardeners walk into Home Depot expressing a desire for some level of help with their garden.
Right Plant – Right Place color contrast & bright colors for shade
I don’t hesitate to recommend Cynthia. This is what she offers:
Scope of Services
Serving the Tampa Bay Area
813-417-4546~~ Call today to set up your consultation.
There are many reasons to hire a garden coach.
It is my goal to help you achieve the garden you dream of having. Whether it is your landscape, a peaceful sitting area, an entry way, or even a vegetable garden I will work with you to make it a success.
There are many possible and fairly easy steps you can learn to help you overcome the obstacles many gardeners often experience with gardening in Florida.
Think of coaching as having your very own personal, private tutor. As your coach, I will personally teach you best practices and simple techniques for nurturing and enjoying your gardening space you desire.
Engaging me as your 'Florida Garden Coach' and mentor will give you the increased confidence you need to become a better Florida gardener.
- Initial consultation will last between 1 and 1.5 hours.
- A flat fee applies for up to 1.5 hours.
- An hourly rate will be applied beyond 1.5 hours.
- I come to your garden and listen to your thoughts about what you would like to accomplish in your garden.
- Photos will be taken of the specific area(s) you desire to begin working on.
- Using the photos and notes I've made,
I will summarize our meeting and add my design suggestions and ideas and give those to you approximately a week later.
Follow-up Coaching Sessions
- An hourly rate applies.
- There is a 2 hour minimum rate for each session.
- I work with you in each session teaching you as we work together. Each mentoring session will last 2-3 hours. (Possible exceptions could apply for longer sessions.)
Cynthia will help you with just about anything you can think of that is garden related. A list of common requests includes:
- Create focal points for interest in the garden
- Create gardens specifically to attract butterflies and wildlife
- Create herb or kitchen gardens
- Create beautiful, long-lasting container gardens
- Increase your garden's curb appeal
- Grow a vegetable garden
- Assist you with design for specific areas in the garden
- Starter ideas and fresh design tips
- Learn what grows well in sun and shade; and when to plant what in our Florida climate
- Learn how to combine plants with best results for visual appeal
- Learn best practices for organic gardening and eco-friendly habits
- Learn how to compost making the most of your garden waste
- Low-maintenance gardening and xeriscaping options
- Specializing in Florida friendly and native plant selections for easy care
Some helpful questions to ask yourself in determining the scope of service which interests you.
- Would you like to spruce up a focal point in your garden or increase your curb appeal?
- Would you like to create a butterfly garden or an herb garden but need a little guidance to get you started?
- Do you enjoy gardening but need some help with design in specific areas in your current garden?
- Do you have a desire to grow your own vegetables but aren’t sure how?
- Do you need some starter ideas or fresh design tips?
- Do you want to learn what grows well in the sun, what thrives in the shade, and what plants in general do well in our Florida climate?
- Are you looking for a low-maintenance garden but aren't confident which plants will work?
- Have you thought about incorporating more Florida-friendly or native plants into your landscaping?
- Do you need some inspiration with designing seasonal plantings or container gardens?
- Would you like to identify some existing plants and learn what best compliments what you have growing?
Contact me: CynthiaCay@floridagardencoach.com
Right Plant – Right Place hot colors for sun – low water requiring plants
If you know of other Garden Coaches in Florida that I can recommend please comment below.
You should click here and follow us on